July 16, 2010

Andrea Bocelli

Andrea Bocelli is an Italian singer more closely a tenor. He sings plenty of opera but also light popish songs. He is one of the most popular and most sold singer. He sang with Zucchero Fornaciari, an Italian rockstar, a duet called "Miserere" (it's Latin something like "Have mercy"). But the best known song of Bocelli is "Con te partiro/Time to say goodbye" with English soprano Sarah Brightman.

Sadly Bocelli is also famous for his blindness. He was only twelve-years-old when he permanently lost his sight. He had suffered from glaucoma and when a football hit his head at the age of twelvehe lost his sight. You can see that allmost in every picture he has his eyes shut and to the concerts he has at least one convoy who acompanys him to the stage.

Bocelli sings most of the songs in Italian for they are opera but also in English and Spanish. He has published 21 albums and the latest "My Christmas" in 2009. In 2010 he is touring aroud the Europe and USA.

This song I chosed for its lyrics, feeling and idea. Devil and angel are very used combination but I think there's something new in Bocelli's one. And this is the first opera singer I've chosen for you and probably the last also. :)

Check also: Con te partiro("I leave with you")Spanish version, Melodramma ("Melodrama"), Vivo per lei with Georgia("I live for her"), Medley with in 2007 deceased Luciano Pavarotti, Sogno ("Dream"), Canto della terra ("The song of the earth"), Il mare calmo della sera ("Quiet sea of the night"), Bocelli in Seesame Street singing lullaby to Elmo.


(Music&Text: Andrea Bocelli)

Non spaventarti, dormi
Sono il diavolo
Io che nei tuoi sogni ormai ogni notte scivolo
Mi ascolti ed io so già
Che vuoi da me
Un altro sogno
Che no hai osato credere mai
Un sogno che al mattino non racconterai
Sperando solo un po' che non si avveri mai
Tu ti dai così
Solo per metà
A metà fra il sogno e la realtà.

E' l'alba giù dal letto
Sono l'angelo
Sei bella ancora un po' assonnata
Dimmelo
C'è posto anche per me accanto a te
Per tutto il giorno
Io potrei darti l'anima tu vuoi
Sarò per te l'amico più sincero io
Un'oasi di lealtà e qui dal posto mio
Mi darò così mai solo a metà
A metà tra il sogno e la realtà
E resto fermo qui tanto i sogni tuoi
Qui ti porteranno prima o poi

Sarò per te l'amico più sincero io
Un'oasi di lealtà e qui dal posto mio
Mi darò così mai solo a metà
A metà fra il sogno e la realtà

Non mi riconosci adesso io
Sono sempre io
Diavolo perché
Voglio star di notte accanto a te
Vuoi un angelo ma si
E se ci credi un po'
D'ora in poi il tuo angelo saro'



THE DEVIL AND THE ANGEL
Dont be frightened, sleep
I am the devil
The one who slips into your dreams now every night
You listen to me and I already know
What you want from me
Another dream
You've never dared to believe in
A dream you won't be telling in the morning
Hoping only a bit it never comes true
That's how you are
Only half of yourself
Halfway between dream and reality

It's dawn out of bed
I am the angel
You're beautiful still a bit sleepy
Tell me
Is there a place for me beside you too
All day long
I could give you the soul you want 
I'll be your sincerest friend
An oasis of loyalty and here from my place
That's how I'll be never by halves
Halfway between dream and reality
And I'll stay put no matter what your dreams
They'll bring you here sooner or later

I'll be your sincerest friend
An oasis of loyalty and from my place
That's how I'll be never by halves
Halfway between dream and reality

Dont you recognize me now
It''s me again
The devil because
I want to be next to you at night
You want an angel but yes
If you can only believe it
From now on I'll be your angel

(Translation from "Andrea Bocelli - Cieli di Toscana" - album)




No comments:

Post a Comment