July 14, 2010

Faudel

Faudel (Belloua) a raï singer and actor French-Algerian. He has got a  nickname "le petit price du raï"  means "the little price of raï". He joined in a group "Les Étoiles de Raï" ("The stars of raï") in 1990 when he was only 12 years old.
At the age of 18 Faudels first solo album Baïda was released and next year in 1998 he collaborated with his friends of the old band and the album 1,2,3 Soleils was born. Two documents about the young rising star was made in 1995.

Faudel has played with Audrey Tautou in "Le battement d'ailes de papillon"(Happenstace, 2000) and  he has also acted in a TV serie called Sami, le pion.

In 2001 Faudel was in les Enfoirés the masssive francophonic musical group.

"The little prince of raï" sings both in Arabic and in French and his latest  album "Bled Memory was published this January.

Faudel has made an arabic raï version of "Ne me quitte pas" ("Don't leave me") of the great Belgian singer Jacques Brel (1929-1978).

Check also: Tellement je t'aime/Tellement n'brick ("So much I love you"), Je veux vivre ("I want to live"), Baïda mon amour ("Baïda my love"), Zine Li Atak Allah, Live concert, Interview (in French),Que je t'aime feat Arabic Mood ("That I love you"),



Je ne connais pas ce soleil
Qui brûle les dunes sans fin
Je ne connais pas d'autres terres
Que celle qui m'a tendu la main
Et si un jour je pars d'ici
Que je traverse le désert
Pour aller voir d'ou vient ma vie
Dans quelle rue jouait mon père
Moi qui suis né près de Paris
Sous tout ce vent, toute cette pluie
Je n'oublierai jamais mon pays
Jamais mon pays

Et si demain comme aujourd'hui
Je dois faire le tour de la terre
Pour chanter aux mondes mes envies
Voyager des années entières
Moi qui suis né tout près d'ici
Même si je quitte mes amis
Je n'oublierais jamais mon pays
*Troooop
De souvenirs gravés qui courent
D' écoles et d' été
Trop d' amours pour oublier
Que c'est ici que je suis né
Troooop
De temps abandonné
Sur les bancs de ma cité
Trop d'amis pour oublier
Que c'est ici que je suis né
Que c'est ici que je suis né*

Je ne connais pas ce parfum
De menthe et de sable brûlant
Mais seulement les embruns
Où les rouleaux de l'océan
Et toi qui me trouve un peu mate
Pour ses rues bordées de prairies
Un peu trop blanc couleur d'‘Euphrate
Pour ses poèmes que j'ai appris
Tu es bien le seul que j'oublie
Telle l'étoile fidèle a la nuit
Je n'oublierais jamais mon pays
Jamais mon pays

*Troooop....

Et comme toi j'attends la pluie
Pour lui dire toutes mes peines
Tout comme toi, je lui souris
Quand elle tombe sur la plaie
Quand elle tombe sur la plaie

*Troooop...* 


MY LAND

I don't know the sun
That burns the dunes endlessly
I don't know other lands
Than the one that gave me its hand
And if one day I leave this
To cross the desert
For to go to see where my life is from
On which street my dad played 
I, the one who's born near Paris 
In all those winds, in all those rains
I'll never forget my land
I'll never forget my land

And if tomorrow like today
I have to go around the world
To sing my desires to the world
To voyage whole years
I, the one who's born here near
Though I leave my firends
I'll never forget my land

*Toooo much
Important memories
Of passed school years and summers
Too much love to forget 
That this is where I have born
Toooo much
Wasted time
On the benches of my city
Too much friends to forget
That this is where I have born
That this is where I have born *

I don't know that perfum
Of mynth and burning sand
Only the snorts
In surf of ocean
And you who regard me  as a little tame
For these bordered roads of prairies
A little too white for color of Euphrat
For these poems that I've learned
You are the only one I'll forget
Those stars fidel to the night
I'll never forget my land
My land

*Toooo much...*

And like you I wait the rain
For to tell it all my sorrows
All like you, I smile to it
When it falls to the plain
When it falls to the plain

*Toooo much...*


No comments:

Post a Comment