May 04, 2010

Barbara Cuesta

Barbara Cuesta (born 1978) is a German pop rock singer and songwriter who has wan few Music awards. She plays acoustic guitar and now she makes lyrics also in English, French and Spanish. She has sung in Gospel choir as a child and played parts in Childrenmusicals. At Teenage she formed a Female punk band and did her baccalaureate mostly about streetmusic. She is an independent, talented and strong singer on the stage and some regard her as a new Tracy Chapman. Her lyrics are uniques and she loves music, chocolade, philosophie, her mouse and staying long awake.

With her performed cellist B.DEUTUNG (Funny name cuz when you say it, it can be translated bedeutung = meaning).

She has released two albums one totally in German, Barbara Cuesta (2005) and the other Shut Up and Cry (2008) in three other languages.



Check also:
It's gonna heal, Ich fühl mich ("I feel myself"), Record commentary (in German), more (also in German...), Cuesta in opening party of Turnkunst of Fireworks.


I'm very sorry that I didn't found this title
entire anywhere, so you must settle for only a piece of this great song. :(


Tod&So

(Music&Text: Barbara Cuesta)
Heute, heut' ist es wieder zeit
zu ertrinken in Sebstmitleid...

Alternative dazu könnte ich auch auf eine Party gehen
Und ertränke alles, das ist auch 'ne Möglichkeit
Nachdenken hat mich noch nicht weit gebracht
Besonders nicht in der Nacht
Weinen hat auch nur die Kissen nass gemacht,
Und deshalb regt sich in mir folgender Verdacht:

Alles ist egal (iche libe es, ich hasse es)

Manchmal, da ist mir das Hertz so schwer, dann sag ich: bitte sehr
Man reiche mir einen schönen Mann, der mich ablenken kann
Doch spätestens bis um Mitternacht hab' ich wieder zuviel nachgedaht
Ich schliesse die Augen,
seh' Atommoleküle tanzend auf meinem Grab bei Nacht

Alles ist egal (ich liebe es, ich hasse es)

Und wenn ich sterbe, nimmt das Schicksal seinen Lauf
Ich löse mich auf meine Einzelteile
Millionen Moleküle sind nun wieder frei für einen neuen Kreislauf
Doch das dauert noch 'ne Weile
Denn erst mal wird getanzt auf meinem Grab
Erst mal wird getanzt auf meinem Grab
Alle Moleküle singen mir im Chor
Ein Lied über den Sinn meines Lebens vor

Barbara Cuesta
(1978-2002)
Sie war dabei

DEAD & SO


Today, today it's again time to sink in self pity


Alternative to go to the party

And to sink everything, that's also a possibility

Thoughts have not brought me long,

Specially at nights

Crying has only made the kisses wet

And that's why I'm moved by following thought:


It's all the same (I love it, I hate it)


Sometimes, when my heart is so heavy, then I say: thank you very much

They hand me quickly a handsome man who can lead me

Then latest till midnight I have again thought too much

I close my eyes,

I see atom molecules dancing on my grave at night


It's all the same (I love it, I hate it)


And when I die, my destiny runs

I fall into small pieces

Millions of molecules are now free again for another circulation

Though it takes yet a moment

Because for the first time on my grave will be danced

For the first time on my grave will be danced

All molecules sing for me in choir

A song about the sinns off my life

Barbara Cuesta

(1978-2002)

She was there



No comments:

Post a Comment