May 02, 2010

Zap Mama

-->
ZAP MAMA is a Belgian band from early 1990s. The band is a mixture of world's music, soul, jazz, pop, funk, reggae, hip hop and R and B. The founder and the leader vocalist is Marie Daulne borned in Congo and then grown up in Belgium. In Bruxeilles she sang in the jazz cafées and tried to make music that binds her native continent to the Europe where she was living. She found girls like her with the mixed background and Zap Mama was born. Their record studio wanted to make a pop girl band of their group so the co-operation stopped and Zap Mama found a new record studio. Zap Mama combines many musical styles and costumes making a interesting mixture of many cultures.
Now Zap Mama has released seven albums.

When I was a little child I dreamed to be a princess
When I tried to be this princess I dreamed to meet a prince
When I was this princess I dreamed to be like a queen
When I was this princess I dreamed to meet a prince

*Travelli
ng from the north to the south, southern stories
South to the east.
East to the west
we're all loo
king for the best
Travelling from the south to the north, northern stories
North to the east
East to the west
we're all
looking for the best*

When I met this prince I dreamed to be a queen
When I tried to be this queen I dreamed to meet a king
When I was with this prince I dreamed to be a queen
When I was this queen I did not know what to do with this prince

*Travelling from the north ... *

When I was this queen like society tell us to be
I reliezed that I was empty - I was empty inside
When I was this queen for by collected the area
I realized that I wanna be
I wanna be
, I wanna be, I wanna be me

*Travelling from the north .. *

Dont try to be somebody else
Dont try just be

No comments:

Post a Comment