May 08, 2010

Les Fatals Picards

From Eurovision the Europe got to know with Les Fatals Picards (”The fatal men from Picardy (a quater in Paris)”) and their Frech-English song ”L'amour á la française” (”French Style Love”). The members of the band are (from the left) Laurent Honel (vocals, guitar, bass), Paul Léger (lead vocals), Ivan Callot (lead vocals), Yves Giroud (bass) and Jean-Marc Sauvagnargues (drums). They have released five albums. The latest album ”Le sens de la gravité” (”The direction of gravity”) of their seven albums was released in 2009.

Their music is an admixture of punk, pop, ska, chanson and rock.

Above all Les Fatals Picards is a band who dares to parody even just berried ones (like the popular french rock-singer Johnny Hallyday)or important ones. The most known parody in France may be the Picards own version of humanitarian band Les Enfoirés' video version of Status Quo's "You're in the army now" in French called ”Ici les Enfoirés” ("Here are the Shitheads").

In the translation I have put some sentences between the parenthesis to mark the phrases that were hard to translate because Le Fatals Picards have so many jokes ment to French that - well... You'll understand. :)


Check also:
Chez Almelie Poulain ("At Amelie Poulain's house") , Bernard Lavilliers, La sécurité de l'emploi ("The security of Office"), Djembé Man, Dors mon fils ("Sleep now my son"), Mon père était tellement de gauche (" My father was so the Left")


SEUL ET CÉLIBATAIRE

Depuis que t’es partie
Je mange ce que je veux chez moi

Aujourd’hui c’est pizza,
Hier c’était pizza

J’arrose tout les jours tes cactus
Tu leur manques à eux aussi

Vu les têtes qu’ils me tirent aujourd’hui
J’ai fait une raclette
Notre appareil est trop beau

On peut voir fondre le fromage
Á travers le hublot

J'ai oublié de te demander,
C’est vraiment trop bête

S'il faut faire bouillir l’eau
Pour bien saisir un steak

Le chat est mort je pensais
Qu’il tiendrait plus longtemps que ça

Je pensais pas que pour les boites
Il aurait besoin de moi

J’arrive pas à changer les draps
Je veux garder ton odeur près de moi

Mais faut bien reconnaître
Que ça ne sent plus tellement toi


Et je me sens
comme Claude François à Castorama
comme un surfeur au Sri Lanka
comme Tabatha Cash au Vatican
Francis Huster dans un rôle de méchant
comme le marchand de sable dans le désert
comme un orphelin à la fête des mères
comme spider-man à l’ile de Ré
Un chien de chasse chez Picard surgelé

Je compte les voitures
Qui ressemblent à la tienne

42 twingos vertes depuis
Le début de la semaine

Sur ton répondeur
ça dit numéro plus attribué

Mais j’ai reconnu ta copine Claire
ça m’a fait rigoler

Sinon je vais très bien t’inquietes
Je vois des gens

Les derniers il y a trois mois
C’était mes parents

Même si vu mon état
Ils sont pas restés longtemps

Eux aussi ont la pèche
Ils sont partis en courant


Et je me sens
comme Devilliers à Mikonos
comme une baleine dans microcosmos
comme soljenitsyne à la fête de l’huma
comme Dark Vador au sauna
comme un slip dont se serait la fête
Mickael Jackson dans une maison de retraite
comme un mec pressé à la poste
comme un flic muté en haute Corse

Je m’habitue à ne plus
Me servir de mes yeux

Au cas ou il faudrait les revendre pour payer un voyage
Pour aller te chercher au Groenland
Je m’habitue à manger
En avalant mais sans mâcher

Mais ça c’est juste oh comme ça, pour le plaisir d’essayer

Et je me sens
comme un ver de terre dans le sable
comme un western sans les chevals
comme les pauvres sans la misère
comme un banquier à découvert
comme le journal d’avant-hier
comme Macumba sans Mader
comme un rappeur sans le style
comme un japonais sans kookaï
comme George Buch à l'étranger
comme Cauet sur Arte


ALONE AND SINGLE
Since you've been gone
I have eaten what I want at my place
Today it's pizza
Yesterday it was pizza
I water every day all your cactus
They miss you too
(Saw the heads that pulled me today)
I made a raclette
(Phone note is too beautiful)
You can see the cheese melting
Against the window
I forget to asked you
It's really too stupid
If you have to boil water
To really brow the steak
The cat is dead I thought
That it would take longer than that
(I didn't tought why he would)
(Need the drinks from me)
I can't manage to change the sheets
I want to guard your odeur near me
But I must confess
That it doesn't really smell like you anymore

And I feel
like Calude François in Castorama
like a surfer in Sri Lanka
like Tabatha Cash in Vatican
Francis Huster in a poor role
like a sand seller on the desert
like an orphan at party for mums
like Spiderman at the island Ré
like a hound dog at frozen Picard

I buy cars
That remind of your car
After 42 green twingos
The beginning of the weekend
Your answering machine
(Shares a number more accessible)
But I recognized your friend Claire
That made me laugh
(If not I'm fine you're worried)
I meet people
The last ones three months ago
They were my parents
Though when they saw my condition
They didn't stay longer
They have sins too
They left running

And I feel
like Devillier in Mikonos
like a whale in microcosmos
like Soljenitsyne at human party
like Darth Vader at sauna
(like panties that have had a party)
Michael Jackson at the retirement hause
like a busy guy at the post office
like a cop transferet to High-Cross

I'm used to no longer
Use my eyes
As far as they should be resold to pay the trip
To go to search you in Greenland
I'm used to eat
Swallowing but without chewing
But that's just for fun to try

And I feel
like a green world on the sand
like a western without horses
like the poors without the misery
like a banker (in a found)
like the newspaper of day before yesterday
like Macumba without yesterday
like a rap artist without the style
like a japanise without cocaine
like George Bush abroad
like Cauet on Arte

1 comment: