May 11, 2010

Harpo


Das Neue Harpo 3
Jan Harpo Svensson is a Swede pop musician better known as Harpo. He is born in 1950 and in the 1070's he was popular in Sweden and around the Europe and known also in Australia with his worldwide hit ”Moviestar” where as the back vocalist acted ABBA's Anni-Frid Lyngstad (known as Frida). Harpo has released several Albums.
In 1977 the papers made a fuss about Harpo when he refused to go to Military Service and that's why he went to prison for a year.
In the end of seventies he left his musical career and started to raise horses and to paint.
In 2005 he continued his music career and published new album material and continued touring in Germany where are his most devoted fans.
Harpo tells about this song in his vinyl "HARPO SMILE" something like this: " When I was in lokal train between Stokholms Central and Södertälje Södra (South) on a day in Autum in 1969, for the first time this song began to bubble."
(Harpo)
Me and my bubblegum gun
Sitting smiling in the sun
Me and my bubblegum gun
Me and my bubblegum gun

I'm shooting bubbles througt the air
The bubbles are flying everywhere
They fly around the world
A blowing bubblegum
Around the world

Me and my bubblegum gun...

A thousand tin soldiers walk across my floor
I see them marching out
Through the door
They march around the world
Chewing on a gun
Around the world

No one here no one there
Everything is quiet
No one here no one there
Everyone's out of sight
But I could see all the world was dancing
Dancing on it's knees
And I could see all the world was dancing
Dancing just for peace

Me and my bubblegum gun...

There goes pretty Alexandra
She tells fairy-tales for you
Maybe they ain't true
But it's just for you
Just for you

No one here no one there...

But I could hear all the world was singin'
Singin' just for you
And I could see all the world was dancin'
Dancin' just for you"

No comments:

Post a Comment